Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Leaving my comfort zone and I finally got a blog-Thanks to PS

For some time now I have been thinking about getting my self a blog. I am not a good writer, in fact I hated English(as a subject) when growing up. I have always been a simple Math and Science person. I say simple because in Math and Science, things stay the same. A number is a number forever. It doesn't change. If things change, they follow a given set of logic. You apply it and voila!! you and your friends and everyone in the whole wide world can get the same answer. In English/literature, things get complicated. People are always reading between lines, reading character's emotions, thoughts, ........... history of things happening at the time a piece is written influences what is written........ Everyone comes out with a different interpretation!!! Couldn't stand it. My good friend Cathy says that is why she loves it, because you can come to different conclusions every time you read a piece!!!!!! A word has different meanings according to the way it is used. Ooh, too complicated for me!!!!
BUT I wanted to start blogging because I want to do something that I have never done before, which is attempting to write thoughts as they come to me. I have only written down things when demanded as in exams for English. So I finally mustered up the courage to see how coherently I can put down my thoughts.
Also, I have been gently nudged by a friend to do so.- Thanks PS (as she calls herself in her blog).
This is a real challenge for me and I have brought myself out of my comfort zone!!! Let me see what new adventures this journey takes me through!!!

4 comments:

Vinny said...

Welcome aboard lady ....

Hope you really have some great experiences in the world of blogging ..

Peace

gayathri said...

Thanks Vinny. yes looking forward to my adventures.

Preeti Shenoy said...

I'm so glad you started one.
And your writing is good.I dont know why you say it isnt!Ah yes--maybe your math is better;-)

I'll keep dropping in--for sure!

Shantharam Shenoy K said...

Never be ashamed of what you cant do..YOUR I CAN IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR IQ..so hoping you will carry on blogging..and if you want to know how bad one can write, you are always welcome to take a peek at my blog...rest is better left unsaid..
cheers..